Saturday, May 7, 2011

Elimination Diet Day 6

Well today was our last day on the elimination diet and I'm feeling great.  I've noticed I'm starting to have a lot more energy.  I've been waking up ahead of my alarm clock during the week and now I'm doing it on weekends.  I work up at 5:30 am this morning, needless to say I forced myself to go back to bed.   While we wont start clean until tomorrow we basically did a practice run today.  So what did we eat?

8 am - Berry Smoothie with Coconut Milk and Cinnamon + vitamin/supplements
2 pm - Adzuki Beans and Brown Rice + supplements
7:45 pm - Green Smoothie

Then like normal I drank a lot of water with mint and a coconut water.  Despite the fact that we only had one solid meal today I never felt hungry.  It was hard for me to finish my lunch today and after our smoothie tonight I feel stuffed.  The reason our lunch was so late today because we didn't get to the store early in the morning like we normally do.  I'm hoping this past trip to the store was the list time we will have to by new staples used heavily on the clean program (ie chia seeds, almond butter, etc).  Some of them are rather expense, especially when purchased organically, so between that and the great increase in organic produce we are purchasing our grocery bills have nearly doubled.  Although I will say it is rather nice doing 90% of our grocery store shopping in the produce section since it makes the trips really fast since you pretty much skip the rest of the store.  I figure in the end the larger grocery bills probably even out since we wont be going out to eat anymore which is something we used to do at least once or twice a week.

I can also sense my palate changing.  While I still talk about how much I want to go out to various places or how I want to eat a whole cake if I think about it, I really don't anymore.  Although I have noticed that in general since we started eating considerably better even when I would allow myself to buy something that was bad for me it never tasted as good as I remembered it tasting.  It usually just ended up tasting way to salty and fake.

I know I said I would post my stats and pictures today but I forgot to weigh myself this morning so it will have to wait till tomorrow.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment