Thursday, May 5, 2011

Elimination Diet Day 4

Today we once again stuck to using only clean recipes.  I also stopped taking my allergy medication in preparation for starting clean on Sunday.  Luckily living in the South most of the trees (which I'm allergic too) have bloomed by now so stopping my zyrtec only leads to a runny nose every now and then.  I also stopped having my morning snack this morning.  I just decided not to pack it today and in the end I didn't even miss it.  I think my morning snack was more of a mental thing because most of coworkers eat then too, rather than me actually being hungry.  So what did I eat today?

7 am - Pineapple, Lime & Mint Juice + vitamin/supplements
12:30 pm - Easy Pineapple and Avocado Gazpacho + supplements
6:30 pm - Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic and Rosemary Wild Rice Pilaf

So basically today was a sample of what it will be like when we start clean.  Additionally I drank lots of water with lemon and mint.  I have to admit, since we have scaled things back slowly this wasn't a huge challenge.  I wasn't really even hungry most of the day. I even found it was hard for me to finish my gazpacho.  I also turned down a cookie offered to me by a coworker!  I have noticed I am starting to loose weight again as well.  Lastly, I think I'm beginning to see some signs of detoxification taking place.  Manly I'm starting to get headaches off and on now.  However, the generally go away if I drink a bunch of water.

We have also began the process of detoxifying our lives.  We have been making an effort to buy greener products and use less plastic.  We are also starting to switch over things like our deodorant, mouthwash, toothpaste, laundry detergent, etc. that contain chemicals that can be harmful.  The one area I am sort of resistant to go green is in our cleaning products despite the fact that I know this is where most of the toxins in a home are.  We tried several green cleaners previously and found that while many of them do work (some don't) its a lot more work.  Although I guess at the end of the day thats just an excuse.  Either way we are only changing things out as we need to replace the old ones.  While I would love to just toss everything thats potentially harmful that would not be very cost effective or realistic when you live on a budget.

For those of you who read my entry on a few of our favorite things I just found out there is also now an app available for the iphone, etc. for "How to Cook Everything," & "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian."  For more information you can go here.  The apps are $4.99 each, however there is a free version called "How to Cook Everything Essentials."  You can read about it here.  There was also recently an interview with Dr. Alejandro Junger about Clean that includes some more great looking recipes.  I think when I finish clean I'll celebrate with some Coconut Seduction Brownies!  You can read it here over at The Chic Foodie Report!

No comments:

Post a Comment