Sunday, May 15, 2011

Clean Day 8

Today was once again just a lazy day.  It feels really good just to do nothing.  Today was really easy.  I had energy and didn't really have any cravings despite the fact that I was doing research for our upcoming vacation and spent a solid hour researching restaurants.  Although, it may have just been that I was so focused on planning and taking care of stuff I didn't have time to let me mind wonder.  I would still like a cookie though!  Todays lunch was amazing - easily restaurant quality, so that probably helped.


So what did I eat today?


8 am - Berry Smoothie with Coconut Milk & Cinnamon + vitamins/supplements
12:30 pm - Asian-Flavored Tuna with Stir Fried Vegetables + supplements
6 pm - Tropical Smoothie


While we normally plan on doing only liquids on Sunday we bumped it to Monday this week because we wanted to make sure our vegetables for todays lunch were as fresh as possible.  Cooking the meals on the weekend also allows us to enjoy them warm.  Normally during the week we do not heat them up again since they are meant to be eaten cold or at room temperature.


Berry Smoothie (those are the jars we take all our liquids in)


Tuna (Amazing!)

So after a week on the clean program I can say I am seeing some changes.  All of my stats went down over the past week.  I also think I am settling into my bodies natural ideal weight.  While they suggest you put the scale away during clean and let your body find its own natural balance, I like the idea of keeping track at least once a week so I can make diet modifications as necessary.  At this point I'm mostly concerned with loosing too much weight.  This weeks stats are below.


Stats for Sunday 5/15/2011:

Weight:  144.2 lbs (change of -2.8 lbs from 5/8)
% Body Fat:  12.5 (change of -0.7% from 5/8)
% Water:  70
BMI (Body Mass Index):  20.1 (change of -0.4 from 5/8)


Weekly weight/body fat % lost (goes back to when we started eating better in Nov 2010)


All that said, I guess the best way to compare is with actual pictures of me!  Although, they are not exactly the same since the picture last week was taken during the day and this weeks picture was taken at night.  For all future pictures I'll try to make sure they are taken during the day, especially the last once since that is when there should be the most change visible.  The things that are supposed to change over time is the white of your eyes becoming brighter, your skin becoming tighter, you skin will clear up/better complexion, and the overall puffiness most people have in there face is supposed to go away.


Day 1 (start of Week 1)


Day 8 (start of Week 2)


While I think it is harder to truly compare the photos due to the difference in light (I may take one tomorrow during the day) I think it is safe to say there are some differences.  It will be interesting to compare as we go through the coming weeks since the detox becomes more effective the longer you are on it!  Tomorrow I'll try and touch on how we keep everything organized and plan for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment