Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Clean Day 3

What a difference 24 hours can make.  I'm feel much better today.  I was also so excited to eat some real food I ate my lunch before 11 am.  The only thing I'm suffering from today is muscle aches, especially in my lower back.  However, that can be a symptom of detox so hopefully something good is happening.  I'm also continuing to loose weight.  While the primary purpose of clean is not to loose weight it is obviously a side effect of such a drastic change in diet.  The only thing I am finding is that I am becoming tired really quick if I don't keep up with the water.  In the past couple of days the day time high temperatures have been in the upper 80s/low 90s and because I spend part of my time outside at work afterwards I'm left feeling really exhausted.

So what did I eat today?

8 am - Kale, Pineapple & Chia Seed Smoothie + vitamin/supplements
10:45 am - Stir-Fried Vegetables & Chicken with Buckwheat Noodles + supplements
5:45 pm - Blueberry, Cacao, & Almond Milk Smoothie

I have to say, I'm growing to hate kale.  Especially the super dark kale.  When you mix it into all these smoothies etc. I can't help but feel like I'm drinking lawn clippings with some sweetness added on top to make it some what less bitter.  We are also finding that while all the recipes state that they make two portions, some of them clearly make more.  Today's lunch for example is easily 4 meals.  I don't know how one person would ever just finish half of that at one time.  We have run into the same problem with almost all the soups as well, however we have yet to really try a soup we like.  So that wont really be a problem since its doubtful we will make any of them again.

Well I guess thats all for today.  I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment