Monday, May 9, 2011

Clean Day 2

Wow!  So the past 24 hours have not been easy.  I think due to the fact that we only did liquids yesterday and that it obviously carried into today until lunch time I began to detox faster than I would like.  Needless to say up until this afternoon I did not feel well.  I suffered some of the worse symptoms of detox and it was no fun.  I'll leave it at that.  If you really want to know all about the bad detox symptoms you can go here.

So what did I eat today?

8 am - Energy Smoothie with Almond Butter and Cardamom + vitamins/supplements
12:30 pm - Macro Bowl with Quinoa and Ginger-Miso Dressing + supplements
7 pm - Apple, Ginger, Lemon and Spinach Juice

The smoothie this morning was pretty good.  It reminded me of fruity pebbles.  I'm not sure how it had that flavor profile but it did.  Lunch was not so good, I hardly ate 1/4 of it.  Between not feeling well and just really not liking the way anything tasted it was sad since I had been looking forward to eating some real food.  Last night I began craving steak and today when lunch didn't pan out how I had hoped it would I almost gave up and went out and got something.  However, I just drank a bunch of water and the craving passed.  Tomorrow we are having chicken in our lunch so I think that will help.  My partner is actually making it now and its taking everything I have not to go in there and eat it all!  We have decided its probably better for us to try and include more protein in our lunches either with chicken, lamb or fish to help curb our cravings.  I've never had lamb before so I'm excited to get to try something new.  I have to say I'm surprised I'm having meat cravings as I never really was a huge meat eater.  Generally before this I only ate meat maybe two or three times a week.  I thought I would miss sweet stuff more but I guess not.

Tonight I plan on doing pilates and relaxing.  I've been going to bed earlier and just listening to my body.  If I feel, tired I sleep.  I've also been destressing my life as much as possible.  Even today I had a terrible day at work, but I just went with the flow and didn't stress, it was really nice.  Normally I'm the complete opposite.  One thing did get to me today though, my Starbucks gold card came.  It just makes me sad because I can't use it until June and I spent a lot of money at Starbucks to get it!  I guess if I really wanted to use it I could go to Starbucks and get tea, but who really gets tea at Starbucks?  Oh well, I guess life goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment