Friday, May 13, 2011

Clean Day 6

So today has been a roller coaster of energy.  Either I have it or I don't.  I don't think I consumed enough water yesterday because today while I was at work I got so light headed I could hardly do my job.  It happened when I was out working in an area outside and away from my desk so getting water wasn't possible.  By the time I got back up to my desk I wanted to pass out.  After drinking a whole nalgene bottles worth of water (32 oz) I finally began to feel better.  So lesson for today, drink lots and lots of water.  I also drank a coconut water when I got home just to make sure I was good.

Today I also had a LOT of cravings.  We went shopping for the week tonight and at the store I just wanted to buy everything I couldn't have.  I even spent five minutes or so in the cookie aisle trying to find a gluten free, egg free, sugar free cookie I could eat.  I found one that was close (I probably could have gotten it and been ok) but I couldn't do it.  In the end I figured if I'm going to do this I need to do it right.  I mean when you stop and think about it 21 days is nothing in a year.  That leaves 344 other days I can whatever I want.  It probably wouldn't have been very good either anyway.

So what did I eat today?

7:30 am - Pineapple, Lime & Fresh Mint Juice + vitamins/supplements
12:30 pm - Halibut with Capers, Lemon, and Fresh Thyme, Served with Swiss Chard + supplements
5 pm - Tropical Smoothie

Lunch was fantastic! That is something I will definitely make again.  While I don't think I'll follow the elimination diet once we are done (I don't know how I could live without things like pizza!) I do know at least we will try and incorporate more clean meal recipes into our every day life.  I figure every little bit helps.

I'm going to be taking lots of pictures this weekend so stay tuned, plus tomorrow is the end of week 1!

2 comments:

  1. Tom, I admire your mental strength on this, but please be careful! I'd hate for you to feel lightheaded when you are driving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know! Luckily its really cooled down here so hopefully it wont be a problem any time soon, but just in case I'm going to start keeping a coconut water at work!

    ReplyDelete