Sunday, May 8, 2011

Clean Day 1, Part 1

So today is our first day on clean!  Although it honestly just feels like another day since we have already been following the clean recipes, etc.  I'm a little tired today but I'm letting my body tell me what it can handle.  I'm also still waking up early, although today was better than yesterday since it wasn't until 7:30 am.  Each Sunday I'm going to post a picture and my weight related stats to keep track of how I'm progressing and so I can compare from beginning to end.

Stats for Sunday 5/8/2011:

Weight:  147 lbs
% Body Fat:  13.2
% Water:  69.4
BMI (Body Mass Index):  20.5 (calculate your BMI here using the NIH calculator)

The chart below actually tracks my weight and % body fat since we began our journey into getting into better shape last November.  As you can see early on I weighed myself every week (Sunday's) so I could keep track as to whether or not things were working (ie amount of exercise/what we were eating).  Towards the end as I was nearing my goal (losing 50 lbs) I stopped weighing myself as frequently.  I will start weighing myself every Sunday again so that we can see the difference during clean.

Just to put those stats into perspective based on my height (5' 11") healthy ranges for those stats are below:

Weight: 136 - 179 lbs based on BMI
% Body Fat:  18-24% is considered avg; 14-17% is considered fit, 6-13% is common for athletes (these are calculations for men, to see calculations for men and women or to find out more go here)
% Water:  60 to 65% is the avg for men (50 to 60% for women)
BMI (Body Mass Index):  18.5 to 24.9 is considered normal weight for everyone

For more information about just getting in shape or how to maintain a healthy weight check out the CDC's website for lots of useful information.  For the record I do not attest to the fact that any of these figures are correct.  They are just general information I have found through my own personal research.

So what will be eating today?

8:30 am - Mango & Coconut Milk Smoothie + vitamins/supplements
12:30 pm - Apple & Butternut Squash Soup + supplements
6 pm - Green Juice

As you can see today we are only doing liquids.  Ideally they would be all juice, however since today is technically our first day on clean we add a soup and smoothie to make it a little more filling.  This will also help make the detox less intense.  We plan on doing only juice every Sunday.  Normally we wouldn't start off on our first day like this, however since we have been following the clean program unofficially for the past few days and followed it yesterday we felt comfortable doing this.  We picked Sunday's because we can just lay around the house and do nothing.  That way if we are tired we can just take a nap, etc.  I'll update again later today with how I'm feeling and post pictures!

Lastly, Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment