Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Elimination Diet Day 3

Today was a huge success for me.  Today was the first day where I only ate things off of the elimination diet.  It was a lot easier now that we don't have anything tempting left in our house.  I'm still working on getting rid of my AM snack.  Today I just ate half of what I normally would and my hope is by Friday I no longer need/want it.  I also can't explain it, but I am starting to feel different.  So what did I eat today?

7 am - Tropical Smoothie + vitamins/supplements
9 am - 1/4 cantaloupe
11:30 am - Chilled Cucumber Soup with Mint; a few pieces of cantaloupe + supplements
6 pm - Warm Salmon & Asparagus Salad w/Pesto (pictured below).

All of these items were from the clean recipes.  To get an idea of what it will look like once we are on the clean program remove the cantaloupe and switch the Salmon and Soup.  As you can see the portion for your daily meal is plenty!




You can actually find the recipe for the Warm Salmon & Asparagus Salad w/Pesto online here (its on page 34).  All I had to drink today was plain water, water with mint or coconut water (the coconut water is in addition to at least 64 oz's of pure water).  I'm also finally starting to get in the swing of things and the routine in general which is making it easier.  

We have also found that it works really well to transport all our liquid meals (smoothies, juices, soups) in canning jars you can buy at the store.  This way if we need to make them ahead of time (the night before) we can just put them in the fridge and then grab them and go.  It is also nice not having to worry about it possibly spilling.  They also now have plastic lids you can buy for the jars that can go in the dishwasher which makes cleaning all of them really easy.

I'm still drinking the 2 tablespoons of olive oil at night.  We couldn't find any alternatives for this so I have decided to just tough it out for as long as I can take it.  I found if I drink it like a shot its easier and then I drink water/brush my teeth right away to get rid of the taste.  Tomorrow we are upping the challenge by adding a juice as our AM breakfast rather than a smoothie.  During the clean program to increase its impact we plan on doing at least one day of juice only, probably on the weekend so we don't have to do anything.  I'm becoming increasingly excited as we move forward and hope others will join in!  If you need some motivation did you see what came out today about potato chips?  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment